We had fun getting dressed up and being wined (diet coke) and dined. We ate the first night in our room because the Laker game was on...of course! Then the next night we ate at Addison. I put that in gold because it was a 5 star restaurant where we didn't know what the heck we were eating! First we went in their shuttle (a black 550 Mercedes) up the road about 200 yards to the restaurant. The young man dashed out to open my door. Then we walked in and were greeted. We then followed the pencil thin young lady who walked very straight backed and SLOW to our table. When our young waiter "Will" asked what we would be drinking and I said Diet Coke, you could see his whole demeanor change. People come to drink their wine which I am sure makes a very nice tip for the young man.
We had to pick our four dishes...no prices on the menu...and have Will tell us what the heck things were. I said "I'm just a mom of four and eat at McDonald's". We had our complimentary soup starter...cold and who knows still what it was but it was good. Prawns (large shrimp) and caviar was good, the potato things that I had were good but Barrett wasn't impressed with his Fois Gras "Faw Gwa" (sounds like the Lord dude in Shrek to me..Lord Farkwats - or whatever) in English "Goose Liver" grilled like steak. Will raved about it, Barrett not so much.
Then the next course. I had chicken - playing it safe, and Barrett had veal. We enjoyed it and at the end Barrett asked Will what the little fried thing was on the side. That my friends was the thymus gland of the veal and as the animal grows older the gland gets smaller so that is why it is a delicacy. Let's just say I almost threw up!
In between they brought us things to eat and we did, not knowing most of the time what it was. They brought us a sorbet type thing in a little shot glass made from hibiscus. It was the deepest red. Barrett loved it, eating both of them, but I felt like I was easting a flower.
It was fun and definitely an experience, but we really loved the meat and potato dinner we had the next night. We be just simple folk ya know!
Probably won't venture to Addison again, but I would love to be back at the hotel tomorrow. Barrett loved the golf and surfing with Carter. I loved the 6 hours in the spa and watching a chick flick in the room.


3 comments:
You look gorgeous! Fun Fun times! J&J knows how to role out the red carpet!!!
I love reading your post, I feel like I'm sitting in your kitchen having a conversation with you. Love the details on the food - I totally do that too. Also, I loved the collage! I'll have to try that on Picasa. Miss you tons.
Heath
Whoa, you guys are high rollers now! Next time ask if you can bring your little sister along.
Post a Comment