I just have to mention that my husband is a wonderful man and a spectacular husband! Now, with that being said let me tell you about last weekend. I went to CA for Time Out For Women. My husband was great and said "You go, I will watch the kids, take them to their soccer games (in two different places..at the same time) and you have fun! You deserve it!"
So, I went to CA with my mother-in-law and sister-in-laws, went to lunch, did a little shopping, had a massage and a pedicure. If you talk to Tami Hughes, ask her how her massage was! All I have to say is that "Helga" was on her back!?!?!?! Overall, for me, it was the best!On the home front, it was a different story! Lacey didn't let Barrett get a whole lot done on his office day, but Andrew took a nap! At 4:15 the girls came home and he had to get Caitlyn in her uniform and get to the park by 4:30 for pictures. He is also one of the coaches. He had to wake up Andrew and get him in the car - which is not easy, and in the mean time forgot his shoes. When they got to the park Andrew did not want to get out of the car and wanted his shoes. Barrett got him out (frustratedly) and pointed him towards the play area and said to go play.
A little later, Barrett looks up and can't see Andrew anywhere. A panic takes over the park while everyone looks for Andrew (except for the team which continues to take pictures and leaves Coach Barrett out). Barrett sends Brittney to walk towards home to see if he got mad and walked home - we don't live that close!
Brittney drops to her knees and says a prayer that they will find her little brother. He is finally found on a park bench by the cars where he had layed down. Apparently he was not done with his nap.
You say "Why is this title The Great Flood of 2008" Well I am getting to that!
When Andrew is found and Barrett makes them take another team picture WITH HIM IN IT, Andrew decides to roll down the hill and gets a bloody nose!
When they got home Barrett - being the conscientious husband -puts Spray and Wash on the shirt and shorts so they will not be ruined. He puts them in the laundry tub and starts the water. Well, it wasn't filling up fast enough and Lacey was crying so he decided to go get her and he would come back. If you have ever seen my husband watch TV he gets very involved with what he is watching. I have often said that the house could burn down around him. Apparently, I should have said that the house could flood and he wouldn't even know it.
The family enjoyed watching American Idol (probably two days worth) while my entire laundry room, hallway, closet under the stairs, the family room (where they were), boxes, etc. got a very thorough bath.
Let's just say that my husband might appreciate me a little more now. It was great that Mother's Day was the next day when I got home.
All in all, they survived and we now have a story to tell. He really is wonderful and I am so grateful that he is such a great dad and is willing to take on all four kids, by himself, while I go and play.
Thanks honey!
4 comments:
That story is hilarious! I can't believe he can tune out things like that! I am still laughing!
What a great husband to give you time like that!
I love the way you tell a story. I can easily visualize the entire ordeal. Good thing Barrett has such a fun-loving personality and could deal with such drama. Glad you had a great time!!
Classic!! I remember watching Barrett watch t.v.!! Jason and I used to laugh so hard!! I think time away is great...they do tend to appreciate us alittle more when we get home!!
It was a FUN time out! Thanks for sharing it with me. Sorry about the flood. Glad it all worked out.
Post a Comment