Thursday, December 11, 2008

Brittney Amazes Us!

Brittney’s Poems December 2008

I bought Brittney’s teachers Starbucks gift cards and asked her to make them a card. She sat at my computer and within 5 minutes she had come up with this, we were printing them and putting them with the gift cards.

Starbucks
The Starbucks cocoa so sweet and creamy,
That Starbucks cocoa is all that I am dreaming,
Its soft fluffy top overfilled with whip cream,
Is always somewhere in my sweet dream,
So chocolaty and hot,
Cold I think not,
This cocoa is so sweet so how can you resist it,
You would have to be dumb if you had missed it!
I hope this gift will be on your wish list,
And I would like to say have a Merry Christmas.

-Brittney Hoggan
Brittney was sitting in church one Sunday before Christmas, December 21, when she was 11 and she wrote these poems before the Sacrament was even passed…

Where’s My Idea?
I don’t know what to write
It could take me all night.
To come up with an idea,
That could be in Korea,
Going into streams,
Not in my sweet dreams.
Playing with fish,
Not hearing my wish.
For it to come in my head,
While I’m asleep in my bed,
Where is my idea for a poem or song?
I just hope it won’t be long.
For it to understand and hopefully know,
There are no words just look and see and …Oh





How Much Courage Could He Have?
How much courage could he have?
To ignore the peoples laugh,
For him to pray against the law,
And face the wicked Kings wrath?

How much courage could he have?
To get down on his knees
And tell the King that he didn’t care
Not even trying to plead.

How much courage could he have?
To be thrown in a lions den
To get down on his knees and asking God please
And be awaiting his future then.

How much courage could he have?
To stay in the den all night
With ferocious cats and maybe bats,
And not even having a fright.

How much courage could he have?
When he was brought out at last
To see the King and his relief
To appreciate him a whole mass.

How much courage could he have?
To then get down and pray
And look up to the heaven’s above
And thank God for showing him the way.

-Inspired by Daniel and the Lions Den
Brittney Hoggan
December 21, 2008


3 comments:

Feather Fam. said...

How awesome is Brittney??!?! Is this a talent from mom or dad? Keep it up Brittney Girl...write one for me!

Feather Fam. said...

SOOOOOO many posts to comment on! you have been busy.
Love the music...Bear got Jeff hooked on "Big and Chunky" our kids sing it ALL the time!

Ash said...

I can't believe how old and beautiful Brittney is! I don't like being so far away : (