For Family Home Evening last night I did a lesson on the Armor of God.
I didn't know at the time I planned it that Brittney had had a situation on the bus on the way home. She told me that an 8th grade girl (who was sitting across the aisle) was cussing up a storm and then out of the blue said "I hate Mormons! Raise your hand if you are Mormon!" Brittney was not sure how to handle such a situation. The young "lady" went on to put down our Church and Missionaries.
I want my kids to be confident with their Armor so that ignorant people like this do not affect them. I do not necessarily want Brittney to take on a bus full of kids, but I want her to be sure of who she is and what she stands for.
"Wherefore take unto you the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand"
I am so grateful for the Church of Latter Day Saints and ALL its teachings. I am very grateful for things we are taught to do like have Family Home Evening. I am thankful that I was able to teach a lesson that applied to a situation that happened that day. I am thankful that my daughter/children feel that they can talk to us about anything and that we have time every week that we can spend together as just OUR Family.
"Put on the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil."




5 comments:
Nicely done!!!
: )
We recently had this lesson too. It's a good one! That's scary that there are such mean kids out there at such a young age. You're raising Brittney with great values and she'll be fine! She's a beautiful young woman!
Looks like a fabulous family night!! I may have to steal it for ours!!!
It looks like it was a lot of fun! Way to make it enjoyable!
purpaeProud of what a great mother you are.....
Post a Comment