Tuesday, November 8, 2011

The "Time" of Our Life

Today Caitlyn had to recite her poem (by memory) to her class.
I made her dress in gray - "Poet Ware"

The "Time" of Our Life

The rhythm of life is a long pause, filled occasionally with words that don’t have much meaning. I’m sure my life has past me by, as fast as a car on a highway. I wouldn't know exactly why because I was too busy pondering the questions of our time. Doing exactly what the government wanted is how I spent my days.


Their opinion was different than mine, but of course my point of view meant nothing to them. They believed that the people of my society had the right to speak 60 minutes a day. Yes, we got to pick the amount of minutes we wanted to speak at certain times of the day, but that was one of the few things we got to choose. The other 1,380 minutes were supposed to be used for reflecting on such things as; cures for different illnesses, ways to improve “our“ modern technology, or things we need to do to become more social.


Time moved slowly here. While the rest of the world was inventing the car we where just figuring out how the horse drawn carriage worked. Our civilization was left behind in time because our “brilliant” government could not explain their theory completely to us in 60 minutes. They tried to write their discoveries down on paper but that only confused the citizens more. The people have waited for a solution to their problems, we’ve tried to use inventions from other countries but the government has forbidden us to “live” outside our society.

The way of life here ......was NOT the way of life. It felt like they didn't want us to improve our standards. Life was meant for humans, humans weren't meant for life. Yet, the authorities or government could take that simple gift away from us. All I ask is “Please Help - You Must!” -Caitlyn Hoggan

6th Grade


No comments: