Our neighbor Troy is a doctor so we called over there early on Monday and went over before the kids school started. Barrett had a canker sore on his uvula (dangly thing) that covered the WHOLE front of it and he had tonsillitis. Troy said that he had never seen a sore THERE before! Needless to say Daddy wasn't feeling the hottest! Troy gave him a shot in his muscle of his bottom (the kids think that is hilarious) and we came home.
The funny part comes next.....
We got home right at the time I normally take the kids to school so it was "mad dash rush time". I asked/told Barrett to tie Andrew's shoes and I was making their lunches really fast. In my rush I said "Caitlyn, have Daddy show you the sore on his dangly thing". Now, I don't know what made my look up right then, but I glanced at Caitlyn and she had the FUNNIEST look on her face. I said "CAITLYN - IT IS IN HIS MOUTH!!!!!!!!!!"
You can probably guess where she thought the sore on the dangly thing was! She was probably thinking....I know we are a close family and all, but I REALLY don't want to see your dangly thing!
We laughed and laughed - and then rushed off to school!
I can report that after two weeks Barrett can eat again without being in pain - and boy is he making up for it!
Andrew - at 7 1/2 years old....He was saying something about the President the other day....."TheRock Obama"....Daddy and I looked at each other and Daddy said - "What did you say?" Andrew - "TheRock Obama" - Well of course that got a laugh out of us! We had to tell him what it really was and he was quite unsure that we were telling him the truth!
We LOVE our kids!
No comments:
Post a Comment