Saturday, October 25, 2008

Lone Mountain Hike

Activity Days Guys and Gals Hike
Since I am the leader of the 8-9 year old Activity Day Girls I got to join this group on this beautiful Saturday morning hike up our local little mountain.
We had a light breakfast in the church parking lot, out of the back of my car, and then headed over to Lone Mountain. It doesn't look that intimidating and I see it every day - No Problem!!!!
Earlier in the year I did a posting of Mimi and the family hiking Lone Mountain. She has told everyone that she hiked a MOUNTAIN. When Bill was here in August he said "That little hill is what you are calling a Mountain?!?!?!
Well let me just say this!!! It is straight up and lots of slippery rocks.....maybe if I was in some sort of shape besides ROUND it would have seemed easier but it was not! Give it up to Mimi - she and I HIKED A MOUNTAIN!
It was a fun day.....hike a mountain, went to get a pedicure with the other leader. Yep - a fun day!

1 comment:

christy said...

What a fun calling...I bet the girls LOVE you...how could they not!!!